Weeknotes - Week of May 4th, 2020
May the 4th be with you!
Week before last was pretty bad due to a variety of reasons, so I missed the weeknote. Last week was relatively better so back on track with weeknotes. Lets go ahead:
- Continuing ahead with diving into database storage systems in the DDIA book. LSM Trees and B-Trees.
- Saw MIT lectures on Binary Search Trees and self-balancing AVL Trees. AVL Trees are pretty cool.
- Implemented BSTs in Python.
- Halfway through Stephen Spielberg’s Filmography. Highlight so far: Indiana Jones!
- Running: a few ~4.something Kilometer runs, but slowly increasing pace.
- Met a few friends in the local park. Berlin’s public life is almost back to normal and parks in the evening are pretty great.
- Nothing new in food. Mostly mix veggies, dal and some good ol’ pasta.
- Joined an online meetup for Distributed Systems, and presented a quick overview of the GFS file system.